Feb 27, 2010

What a Night!!!

Of the many adventures I've had in the last two months, none of them quite compare to tonight's!

Through no direct planning, we timed our Olympic event PERFECTLY for the end of our Olympic tolerance... Everyone in town is a little Olympiced out as it were here in Vancouver. However that is another story for another time (I need to goto bed).

Which Olympic event did we goto you might ask?
Why the greatest of them all... Water Bucketing!

You haven't heard of the classic winter game Water Bucketing?

That's a sad thing. As it means you haven't actually been to the even I witnessed today! They cut the Water Bucketing out of the TV broadcasts... for some reason :P

We saw the last of the Short Track Speed Skating...

It was not only incredibly fun to watch, but stressful throughout, and in the end proved to be mighty EPIC!


Canada won two Gold medals, and a Bronze right in front of our eyes! The only single night and venue we have achieved this multi-gold feat at... and I was there for it! So indescribably cool!

Topping it off is this photo I somehow managed to snap. This is about 1/100 of a second after Canada crossed the finish line for its second Gold of the night, in the men's relay... That red dude on the left with his arms in the air is our last skater literally having just won the race. This is probably the single coolest photo I've ever taken.

I'm planning a couple Olympic posts (first and foremost explaining why I love the Olympics so much... as those who know me are quite confused by my sudden sports obsession. Normally I steer clear of them) and these will include a more detailed post about tonight. So watch for those soon.

For now I NEED to go to bed. Just had to share some of the overwhelmingness while it was fresh!

3 comments:

Glendon Mellow said...

Glad to see you guys having a great time!

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

looks like loads of fun!

Albertonykus said...

Sounded like a fun night!