Oct 21, 2008

Hero-Clix I MUST own!

So for those of you out there who don't know I DO have one real addiction problem. Games.

Now in recent years I've managed to bring this problem mostly in check. Back in my late teens and early 20's collectible card games were one of my big socializing past times. However as I learned when a card game goes belly up (as they all eventually do... it's only a matter of time for you Magic players!) all you have left is a bunch of worthless coloured pieces of cardboard. So it was easy enough not to allow myself into that trap after most of my major games went under in the early 2000's (Star Trek, Star Wars, and Babylon 5).

I was clean for a good 2-3 years until a new game was launched to PERFECTLY coincide with my new comic obsession, and that game was Heroclix. What made this "dangerous" was that unlike a card game (of which many had been made around comic characters) this game left you with little superhero figurines, and if there is something I can't resist is toys!

Heroclix has been around for 5 years now, and as a result they've finally made nearly every comic character I could want or ever hope for. In fact the last few sets have been easy to avoid, minus 2-4 figs out of a set of 50+, due to the lack of characters I want...

Till the latest set which has ONE character I thought I'd never see ever. That is till about 3 weeks ago when Mike sent me an email with this attached...



They're making a freaking Batman Beyond fig!!!

Even better he is a common figure so though I still have to buy him, he'll only be a buck!

5 comments:

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

That Batman looks kinda weird but cool at the same time


I have a friend that have tons of collectible card games too! LOL

Glendon Mellow said...

That cartoon was pretty impressive.

Prehistoric Insanity said...

Dino Rider- He is weird but cool. Batman Beyond is from the mid 90's Bruce Timm Cartoon Batman Beyond set 50 years after Bruce Wayne retires as Batman. In a cyberpunk future crime and darkness creep back into Gotham, and Wayne takes on a street wise teen to take up the mantle of Batman. All be it a new, improved, and futureized one!

Glendon- It is SERIOUSLY one of my favourite shows of all time. I have bought every single season of Bruce Timm's shows when they come out. I'm so happy (but yet sad) that I have them all now

Michael Hoskin said...

It's Spider-Man meets Batman meets cyberpunk; it shouldn't have worked, but it did.

Anonymous said...

I used to watch Batman Beyond a lot when I was a kid. (Come to think of it, I watched TV a lot PERIOD!!!) That figurine looks like he is stuck in cement or something and trying to fly out using his boots. LOL!!! I know about the "addiction" to game s too. I used to have FIVE video game systems. (Actually, I'm OCD.) I know what that's like.