Apr 12, 2008

Corner Gas leaving soon

The drought of good TV hits a new depressing level this week. Brett Butt announced that 2009 will see the end of one of my all time favs Corner Gas.

I still remember getting into the show with a marathon of the first 2 seasons with Dan and Kristen back in Drumheller in 2006. One of the funniest shows I've seen in a long while. Made all the better by being Canadian of all things...

Alas as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end", and frankly that's the take Mr. Butt is taking. Leave the game while you're ahead. Which I do appreciate. Far too many of my other favourites were run into the ground after they'd run their course.

Still that leaves me with... well frankly I can't really think of anything I'm dying to watch from the TV anymore. House is fun, but my life doesn't end if I don't watch it... Oh well there is this one place that has TV I do love to watch, and desperately wait with anticipation for (like it should be)... a far away island, you might have heard of it, Britain. I've got more Primeval and Dr. Who coming soon. So I guess it'll be okay.

2 comments:

Michael Hoskin said...

Way to be Captain Bring-Down of the No Fun Brigade!

It had a good run and it will be missed.

Kirstin said...

Oh, Corner Gas on the futon in Drumheller, when life was simple. Miss you!