Oct 9, 2007

I'm finally in a museum advertisement!

While doing a side none homework web search (helped by the fact New Zealand's Internet is insanely slow! I can get a good 4 minutes of work in while a new page loads...) I discovered the most remarkable thing.


On the official travel Alberta website there is a picture of me delivering Badland's Science Camp infamous Corythosaur skeleton program... Infamous not for it's awesomeness or funness factor. Rather for the frustration felt by kids, and more the point the staff!


Though I love my Corythosaur like my child as I rebuilt it (with help from the guru Marilyn) it was an evil offspring, and never worked properly! Putting it together with the kids was an ordeal as you needed 2 people just to attach a bone, and it could take several minutes to do it right...





Fun factiod the skull and arm bone you see being discovered at the top of the page is actually the skull and arm of my corythosaur! That is Phil Currie "finding" it, and was taken mere days before I arrived at the lab to claim the Corythosaur for Camp...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure that is Phil at the top? It looks more like Don Henderson.
-Tyler

Prehistoric Insanity said...

I am sure ;p

For starters I was told that Travel Alberta had borrowed Cory's head the week before (I had to track it down... it turned out to be in the small lab. They took the photo on the hill outside the lab over top of the over flow parking lot)

Second it was the first year of camp 2005. Don Henderson wasn't hired till 2006. Phil was still around and kicking in 05...

As for if that photo was exactly why the skull was missing I can't be sure to be fair... However I saw this photo start popping up in a lot of places in late 05 (it's first was in the finders gift shop book)... I haven't seen any other use of that skull anywhere, and I was told it was a photo, and the skull was in the small lab the closest room to the photo shot (the emerg door is right beside there)

Over detailed I know, but I'd rather go over old war stories than my current lesson planning :P

Prehistoric Insanity said...

The point is a photo of me is IN something official related to the museum!!! :P