Jul 3, 2007

More Than Meets The Eye

Alright so in a weird twist of fate New Zealand somehow got a movie released in it before North America.

We got Transformers several days early, and I went to go see it.

Going into the movie I was expecting some cool visuals and perhaps a moment or two of legitimate nostalgia coolness, but just a lame attempt at cashing in on the us aging 80's kids.

Man was I blown away. Despite the fact it was from the director of Armageddon and The Island this movie was AMAZING. Easily the years best!

I haven't seen a movie that left me as satisfied since the new Bond. I liken it's brilliance to Batman Begins in genre redefining.

I've already gone to see it twice (as a morale increaser), and it holds up easily to multi viewing.

GO SEE TRANSFORMERS!

No comments: